Privacy Notice for Almshouse Application Form
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to your application for occupation of one of our Almshouses.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- Your data will only be used for the purpose of assessing whether or not we are able to provide you with supported housing.
- The Hospital of God has a legitimate interest in processing your data in order to ensure that its supported housing services are appropriately provided.
- The information we hold about you includes:
- Name, address and contact details and verification of your identity
- The nature of the housing you require and your support needs
- Information that you give us about yourself on the relevant application form or verbally
- The recipients of your data will be relevant staff within the Hospital of God who assess your housing and support needs.
- If we allocate you an almshouse we may share this data with other organisations if we believe this is necessary in order to provide a safe and effective support service, however we will always seek and take into account your views on the sharing of such data beforehand.
- There are no transfers of your data outside of the United Kingdom.
- We will keep your data for a maximum period of 12 months unless you tell us that you no longer require a service from us in which case we will delete it straightaway.
- Each person upon whom we hold information has the rights contained in this notice.
- There is no automated decision making in relation to your application to us for supported housing.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018