Privacy Notice for Care Services at the Hospital of God
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to the care, information or support service we provide to you.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- The legitimate purpose for holding this information is to ensure that we are able to provide you with a safe and effective service.
- The categories of personal data held are:
- Name, address, date of birth and contact details of you and your representative if appropriate
- Information on your personal needs and circumstances as required to safely and effectively deliver the service
- Information termed special category information that deals with particularly sensitive areas such as health needs
- Information about the financial and payment arrangements for your service
- The source of the data we hold on you is from yourself and your representative if you have one and in some cases from bodies such as but not limited to the local authority or the National Health Service.
- The recipients of your data will be relevant Hospital of God staff.
- We will share information with colleagues in professional agencies with whom we work with the purpose of ensuring that we provide you with a safe and effective service or for the purposes of regulatory compliance. We will discuss with you wherever possible and take into account your views on the sharing of any such information.
- This data will be held for as long as you receive our services and thereafter for as long as the charity is required to do so by law.
- We do not require your consent to hold the personal data we need to provide a safe and effective service.
- There are no data transfers outside of the United Kingdom.
- No automated processing of your data will take place.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time
The Hospital of God,
25th May 2018