Privacy Notice for Applicants for Employment With The Hospital of God at Greatham
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to your application for employment with the charity.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- The purpose of holding this information is to assess your application for employment with the Hospital of God.
- The information that we will hold about you will include:
- The information that you provide on your application form
- The information that may be provided by referees
- Evidence of qualifications
- Information derived for the purposes of establishing the right to work
- Information from our occupational health advisers as to whether you are fit for work
- Information that is termed special category information such as information about your health and cautions and criminal convictions or any other adverse information held by law enforcement agencies
- The users of the data held are appropriate Hospital of God staff, directors and managers.
- Your data may be shared with our occupational health advisers and government agencies in order to establish the right to work.
- This data will be held for as long as is required to assess your application and thereafter for 6 months and will then be destroyed in the case of an unsuccessful application or will be transferred to the personal file of a successful applicant.
- Your consent is not required for this information to be held as without this information the charity could not assess your suitability for employment.
- There are no data transfers outside of the United Kingdom.
- No automated processing of your data will take place.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018