The Hospital of God Grants Programme
The Hospital of God's Grant Committee now meets on an annual basis to allocate grant funding.
The next funding round will open in December 2022.
Applications for Spring 2022 Funding Round closed on 31 January 2022.
The Grants Committee may award Grants for up to £3,000 for any application within a 12 month period. You may apply repeatedly for funding for your projects or organisation.
Our grant fund is available to help and support people in the communities of the North East, specifically Hartlepool, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, County Durham, Sunderland, Gateshead, South Tyneside, North Tyneside, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Northumberland.
Eligibility for our Grants:
Grants will be awarded on the basis of how they achieve the following aims, to:
- Empower local communities to help and support themselves creating and building on their strengths and assets.
- Focus on those community members who are experiencing disadvantage
- Help and support those not provided for by other means to meet unmet needs and/or support work which does not have a high profile
- Support smaller local based eligible agencies working in the heart of their communities
- Encourage emerging community-based groups and organisations, new ideas and initiatives
- Encourage independent, self-funded groups, even if they are under a nationally recognised umbrella name
- Support core costs or short-term projects where a direct benefit to people is demonstrated
We will not fund:
- Capital works or money-raising appeals.
- Statutory Education and related travel or adventure projects.
- Holidays (unless for personal or group development).
- National organisations (unless independently constituted and funded, delivering in the North East).
- Conferences or feasibility studies
- Medical equipment or related projects
- General Appeals